Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Review of "The Grumpy Gator Seafood Restaurant & Bar".




The other night we decided to go out for a quick dinner, and could not decide, so we went and drove around 17Th Street Causeway and saw this place called The Grumpy Gator Seafood Restaurant & Bar. The outside was really nice, and you could tell it was pretty new. It was around 6PM, and really not many car's. But, we decided to go anyways.
We were seated right away in a booth (I love booth's), and immediately we ordered drinks (2-4-1) J, doesn't drink so he had an iced tea. I had a long island. And we ordered an appetizer of fried calamari. (It took about 25 Min's to come out) And, the sauce it came with was like a mango and pineapple. NOT GOOD!
On to dinner, J ordered the mahi mahi, grilled shrimp, and scallops (also came with beans and yellow rice) The mahi mahi was tiny, and not fresh, not flaky (he wasn't eating it, so I was playing with it trying to get it to flake and not be all rubbishy, lol yeah I am weird) His 4 scallops were way over cooked, and shrunken, and same with the 4 tiny shrimp. For being the most expensive meal on the menu, it was terrible. I couldn't find anything healthy so I ended up with quesadilla. I ate a tiny piece the chicken was dry and it came with no sour cream, to which I couldn't even find the waiter. Finaly another waiter came and got it quickly.
Needless to say this place sucked. And, we are so not picky. I look a could of pictures, but trust me when I downloaded them we were both like wow the shrimp and scallops don't look that small close up on the camera. BUT, they were.
I would never go back. OH, and all those yellow chunks were some kind of fruit, so not good at all.
So, this place gets a 1 out of 5. It's getting a 1, because the place was totally decorated really cool, and very clean.
xoxo

2 comments:

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

I love good seafood, too bad yours was bad...

AndreaLeigh said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience!