Wednesday, February 25, 2009

goodbye grover



Month's ago we noticed our neighbor was neglecting his dog, he would be outside in very cold weather. Or he would be out in HOT as hell weather. He roams the streets, and we never see a bowl of water... well, J was outside doing lawn matienence, and the neighbor came out to tell him that he is not neglecting the dog, it is not his.
He said that his neighbor's (I guess on the other side) moved awhile back and asked him to watch it. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?
This dog sit's outside in our lawn, and cry's nonstop... J feed's him dog food daily, and also our leftover's (Nemo has not, and will never get people food).
So, tonight... I'm on may way to the store to get some oranges and the dog is right on my porch crying as usual so J comes to the door and I tell him maybe we should just stick him in our backyard and build him a little doghouse (total fun idea, with the DH) and J agree's as long as we give him a flea bath as soon as I get home. I get home, we both put on crappy clothes, and gloves, and scrubbed him.
It was very sad, this dog has not been cared for in a long time. His teeth look so rotten. He is the sweetest thing too. With losing my job I can not afford to take this dog to my vet and get him all fixed up or I totally would! After his bath we dryed him off (it's chilly in south fla), he layed in the back yard and was miserable trying to get out, crying and barking. J finaly let him out of the gate... and off went the dog we had for 2 hour's that we names Grover. :(

UPDATE:
Nemo was covered in flea's right after all this. If anyone know's me and J we do have HUGE heart's but we also treasure our little Nemo's health! We think the dog cry's nonstop do to him maybe having heartworm... and he is suffering, so J is going to call some places tomorrow.
xoxo

No comments: